31 March 2006

weatherpants.

off to a ragged start today but it fits, for today.
today is not specifically

what. what do you mean what. your silence is yelling at me that's what.

do you know how you look at me these days
you're the weatherman
off-camera, waiting, desperately
bored yet glaring, blaring
you have to know this, your whole body
is rhetorical.

today is the topic, but since your ennui
is about to kill you, let's try the parlance of your 5-day forecast,

today is not noticeably downcast, neither is it hopeful!
today is not bouyant, and by tomorrow today may experience feelings of drowning!


but, see, that full-body cynicism is so much
work to keep up all the time. my version's not sunshine
just simpler, and so much brighter for it,

today wanted the day off and didn't get it
today took a short lunch
hopes to get done early.
on some days today regrets canceling cable.

4 comments:

anon said...

K--sorry, that was one of my exes on the otheer line. Cliff, to be exact--wondering what I was doing today, and I was like: "well, I have to go buy a pack of smokes and call Mark back."
--M

Anonymous said...

that last quatrain is fuckin' bad ass, hunts. thanks for that.

enjoy the fish.

anon said...

I'm coming to town may 18 or so. "We are gonna party so hard!"
--M

anon said...

K--you're right. I am a princess, and I just shit my pants.
--M