06 April 2005

I'M so EXCITED! In the WRONG PLACES!!

someone from the group of 5 really close friends i studied in england with in college sent the rest of us her new email address, and it triggered a wash of what's-going-on-with-me messages from the whole crew. when i looked in my inbox i got all excited, simply for the prospect of reading the words of my england cats. it says a lot i think when a series of group update-type emails makes me feel all tingly with warm reminiscence and love. that i care for each of them is a primary difference-maker, but also it must have to do with the fact that they all are competent writers; you know how most peops, when they email a group, are compelled to say everything with mislayed emphasis? i subscribed to an email group for my high school class, and everyone--even the multiple-phd sophisticated research types--sends these long updates that are urgent for no reason and full of yelling in the wrong places. like, my update would read along the lines of

HELLO Everybody!

It has been so long it feels like!! I'm SO SORRY NOT to have written sooner, but life has been CRAZY. Just to catch you up: Exactly one year ago yesterday, my GIRLFRIEND and LOVE OF MY LIFE and me decided TO BREAK UP!!! we each agreed that "we" had some "GROWING TO DO!"

I got off to a fast start; and proceeded to play basketball ALL DAY LONG as well as SMOKE too MUCH WEED. In retrospect, i can see that it was a pretty sad time for ME!!

Now, though, things are Much Mo Bettah :: BOTH of my contract jobs--one of which i'd hoped would turn into an IN-HOUSE WRITER position--ended EARLY. And on the SAME MONDAY!!! I was feeling quite MOPEY and sad about having NO JOB and no money and NO PROSPECTS TO SPEAK OF, but then my roommate came home and I told him about it and he just said,

"SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY'S GOT A CASE OF THE MONDAYS!"

..and wow, i'm tired. it takes a lot of energy just to write like that. A LOT OF ENERGY!!! anyway, in case the circumstance arises where you, the general reader, should be interested in the actual update rather than the form said update takes, the rest goes like this: i've got nearly 3 months to reach my goal of having a job i want to be having when i turn 30. and something should happen by then. i've been officially dating a girl for nearly TWO WEEKS!! probably i'm in love with her. i first met her 5 years ago. and, oh! if you read that quasi-erotica story i wrote for fatalbeauty a while back ("you are my thumb that is useful for the road") , she is the one i wrote it for and about as a going-away present when she moved to denver. she came back to finish up some credits at the uw for winter quarter, and i slowly worked my magic. which is the only way anything approximating magic has ever been worked by me. anyway she's stayed here and we're together and i like her and i have a new computer so i've started work on my story again and as soon as i pick up a new job, and a car, and a new place to live, it'll all be settled and people will stop looking so disappointed all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so AWESOME. like the actual piece and, you know, your REAL LIFE.

um, I don't know. I'll save all the other stuff for the private blog (read: email)

- famous england cat with a new email address

Anonymous said...

that's not disappointment you see on our faces, hunts, it's discomfort brought on by gas.

Anonymous said...

i loved your blog!!! it made me SOOOOOOOO OHHH happy!!!: I'm dancing for J-O-Y.
I'm HITTING my head with excite-ment and just DYING on my laughing turned air-passage RESTRICTIVE coughing! if only I could GET my sphincter UNLODGED from my throat!!! wouldn't THAT be great??

Anonymous said...

Since uppercase is for YELLING, and lowercase is for compositions within conversational volumes, how 'bout use undercase for hushed text tones.
It would be written like this
__________
undercase

Everything below the line would read as a gentle, almost inaudible whisper.