27 February 2008

FIND THE CAP'N HIS BLOODY PANTS!



[my friends are great. all of you guys, you're great. me, i'm less and less sure: i move in 2 days, have a 1st draft due in 12 days; apt's a mess, book's a mess; and i got to work 105min later than planned. [my 2nd alarm will go off at 6:25pm tonight (my first went off at 6:15, as scheduled)] i woke up at 8-o'something, yelling at my clock and the world in a cockney british accent. i think i'd been dreaming about pirates? BLOODY 'ELL! and i bolted out of bed, out of my dream but still in its language, hollering my way down the hall. 'ISS THA KINDA SHIT RITE 'ERE DAT WON'T BLOODY STAND! WON'T FUCKING STAND, WIL'IT? NO. FUCKING WON'T. t'wasn't till i got the toothbrush in my mouth that i realized a) i was talking in my make-believe pirate dialect, because b) i'd been aboard a battleship, loading the cannons when i woke up, and yet, unfortunately, c) i sounded like madonna last year, or d) britney last week]

1 comment:

anon said...

That's right Hunts: The Spaniards are of no use to us here. Let's move to a different time zone. Like Hawaii.
--M
p.s.--Stoked to see you in a couple weeks. Don't forget--mark your calendar now for the 28th.