11 February 2005

Teacher charged with having sex with student, 13

McMINNVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- An elementary school teacher has been charged with having sex with one of her students, a 13-year-old boy, at his home and at school, authorities said Tuesday... Pamela Turner, 27, was charged Monday with 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape for acts between November and January.

the teacher is pretty hot. recently divorced. whatever. there's different ways to chop this up; 'cause it's a woman teacher and a boy student, 'tis a somewhat easier analytical balancing act. but as i was thinking about it suddenly all i could consider was:

13.

thirt-fucking-teen....wow. i just made myself flash back to the 7th grade.

what i was like [tall. smart-ish. silent].

what i found stimulating [climbing trees. laser tag. building stuff].

how i dressed [not as good as your average, properly be-shorted & uniformed, knock-kneed british schoolboy, surely].

when i first read the article i had the scandal in question all wrapped-up and rationalized in my head; had considered the differently nuanced aspects of the situation. but when i made myself think of hunts-at-13, what it comes down to is that i was fully, almost willfuly unaware. ..i had a huge crush on mrs parthemer (curly-haired, buxom english teacher), but, what if the shit had come down? what if my frazzled, soft-looking teacher-goddess had turned siren on me and wanted to recognize our love? i would have been unable to say or do ANYTHING of any reciprocal or significant value; probably would have watched her unfasten her bra, locked my eyes to her breasts, and said loudly, "BOYS HAVE A PENIS AND GIRLS HAVE A VAGINA." or something of a similar texture.

3 comments:

Sam said...

And then there's people like me, actively having sex from the time I was 12, having begun at 9 in strange circumstances.
Maybe that's why there's laws like there are, though - you have to draw the generalization line somewhere, right? Or maybe this is all sounding better than it really is because it's 3:30 and I just got up to go to work.

Anonymous said...

And then there's people like me who hoped and prayed that my humanities teacher my freshman year would somehow see past the fact that I was 14, and realize that we had a love that could not be denied. Seriously--I'm still waiting for Jeff Blair...mmmm.

scs said...

WOW, that teacher is HOT! Why wasn't she just busy seducing another 27 year old? I guess I need to see a picture of the 13-year-old boy to answer that question. (wait,is that gross? am I dirty?)