20 June 2006

marsha marsha marsha.

man, i'm getting tired of my clingy issues. i go through my days, looking each of my three issues in the face. i try to do what's best, to foster a sense of independence so that my issues won't need me anymore. i pat each firmly on the head in an admonishing but hopeful way, and at the end of the day i send them off to bed. i wake up in the morning; and one, two, three, me---there we all are. same f'ing issues. can't get through the first cup of coffee before they're blathering; it's like ... sometimes it feels like my issues aren't even talking to me, they just want to talk near me, you know? so juvenile, they're so loud. f me. it's so hard to get some time for myself. but tonight i've hired a sitter, and at last i'll be able to get some breathing space, some time just for me, when i can go up to the bar, have a few beers, and hold a bible in my lap while i tell cute girls of how i'm holding myself back. what a relief that'll be.

1 comment:

Sprincely said...

This makes me think of 2 things:
Thought 1: Did you see the new show 'Treasure Hunters' the other night? It's basically the 'Amazing Race' except sucky and this isn't my point. My point is that the group titled "Geniuses" almost lost on the FIRST round. They remained by the wispy hairs of their chinny-chin-chins. "Geniuses"
Thought 2: When I used to play varsity basketball at North HollyWOOOOOD (yeaeee) my Dad used to give me advice I consider profound in retrospect. He'd say "All you have to do is put the round ball thing through the round hoop thing. That's ALL you have to do."
And if you don't get what I'm saying by now I'm going to summarize: Do it for the Fat Lady.